Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Doreen Virtue


The fabulous Doreen Virtue has had a varied career, and she has just about covered the gamut of topics when it comes to spirituality and self-help. At present I am perusing one of her mid-career works I'd Change My Life if I had More Time. Basically a book on goal setting and time management, by the final chapters Doreen has broached the subject of angels and spirit guides, giving us a foretaste of the fabulously successful and totally New Age Doreen we'd come to know and love. Before this Doreen had written books on compulsive eating and vegetarianism, and after this she was to move firmly into the realms of angels and fairies and unicorns and mermaids for which she is justly famous.
Doreen really is one of the mega-sellers of the New Age world, and is obviously driven and possessed of the special talent of knowing exactly what people want. Her relationship with Louise Hay and her publishing company Hay House has, I imagine, been mutually beneficial.
To top it all off, I have had the pleasure of working with Ms. Virtue on a couple of occasions, and she has always been pleasant, cheery and unfailingly polite to everyone she encounters. And call me old-fashioned, but I think that's a good sign.
And even the most hard-hearted metaphysician wouldn't be able to resist her gold-embossed Ascended Masters Cards, which are my constant companions...

No comments: