Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Thesis-Related Books for March


I am in a state of false security, having sent a chapter through to my supervisor last week. I really can't afford to feel self-satisfied, because I need to be sending him another chapter in about 3 weeks, but the mind plays tricks on one, and I can't help but feel I have all the time in the world. Here are some new books I have purchased for research. From the top:

Christopher Johnson Derrida - Philosophy is my weak point, modern philosophy especially so. To that end I am trying to educate myself with brief and simple introductions to key philosophers, in the hope that I'll be working up from there.

Robert Holden Be Happy - My next chapter is on pop psychology, and this book is perfectly suited. On a personal level, it looks interesting, useful and fun.

Louis Menand The Metaphysical Club - I was led to this book after reading Courtney Bender's fascinating new book The New Metaphysicals. Once Bender wrote about it and teh controversy it caused, I knew I had to read it.

No comments: